You are here
The pre-application period to apply for FY21 grants (Oct. 1, 2020 - Sept. 30, 2021) has closed. The pre-application for FY22 grants (Oct. 1, 2021 - Sept. 30, 2022) will open in early December 2020.
The Oklahoma Highway Safety Office (OHSO) receives funds annually from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to promote traffic safety initiatives within the State of Oklahoma.
The OHSO solicits applications for highway safety grant projects designed to support the mission to combat the number and severity of traffic crashes by developing and supporting educational, enforcement, and engineering programs. The grant programs address impaired driving, occupant protection and child passenger safety, pedestrian and bicycle safety, driver education programs and motorcycle safety.
Agencies interested in partnering with the Oklahoma Highway Safety Office will be required to complete a pre-application process.
- Pre-application information available – Mid December
- Online grant application available to selected agencies – Mid January
- Deadline to submit completed applications – Mid February
Projects selected for potential inclusion in the State’s highway safety plan will be provided the opportunity to complete the full application process through the online grant system – OK Grants.
- Organization Name
- Primary Contact Person - Primary Contact Phone Number - Email Address
- City and County
- How many sworn/commissioned law enforcement staff does your agency have currently employed?
- FEI Number (Federal Establishment Identification)
- DUNS Number
- Does your agency/organization have an IRS 501(c)(3) designation?
- Project Type (Police Traffic Services, Impaired Driving, etc.)
- Project Countermeasures (Checkboxes)
- Problem Identification (Paragraph)
- Project Goals (Paragraph)
- Project Description (Paragraph)
- Project Evaluation (Paragraph)
- Personnel Information (Checkboxes – personnel requested to be funded by grant)
- Equipment Requested (Yes or No)
- Equipment Type (Checkboxes)
- Operating Cost Information (Yes or No)
- Travel (Yes or No)
- Contractual Services (Yes or No)
- Type of Accounting System (Automated, Manual, Combination)
- Has your agency/organization received a single audit in accordance with 2 CFR part 200.501 Subpart F within the preceding 3 years? (Yes or No)
- Did the last available single audit report cover letter or summary report contain specific language stating they had an "Unqualified Opinion" or "Unmodified Opinion" of the audit report? (Yes or No)
- Has your agency/organization had a previous federal grant or similar sub-award in the past five years? (Previous OHSO grants qualify as a federal grant)