You are here
The Oklahoma Highway Safety Office (OHSO) receives funds annually from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to promote traffic safety initiatives within the State of Oklahoma.
The OHSO solicits applications for highway safety grant projects designed to support the mission to combat the number and severity of traffic crashes by developing and supporting educational, enforcement, and engineering programs. The grant programs address impaired driving, occupant protection and child passenger safety, pedestrian and bicycle safety, driver education programs and motorcycle safety.
Click HERE for Grant Management Training products.
Grant Application Timeline
Agencies interested in partnering with the Oklahoma Highway Safety Office will be required to complete a pre-application process.
Projects selected for potential inclusion in the State’s highway safety plan (HSP) will be provided the opportunity to complete the full application process through the online grant system – Oklahoma Grant Exchange (OGX).
- Pre-application period closes – Early January
- Reviews complete and notification to full application – Mid January
- OGX application opens – Mid January
- Deadline for OGX application submission – Mid February
Agreement Negotiation and Preparation
- Notification to agencies – Mid April
- Negotiation with partner agencies – Mid April thru early June
- Completed grant agreements executed – October 1