You are here
The Oklahoma Highway Safety Office (OHSO) receives funds annually from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to promote traffic safety initiatives within the State of Oklahoma.
The OHSO solicits applications for highway safety grant projects designed to support the mission to combat the number and severity of traffic crashes by developing and supporting educational, enforcement, and engineering programs. The grant programs address impaired driving, occupant protection and child passenger safety, pedestrian and bicycle safety, driver education programs and motorcycle safety.
- Pre-application period closes – Mid January
- Reviews complete and notification to full application – Late January
- OGX application opens – Early February
- Deadline for OGX application submission – Mid February
Agreement Negotiation and Preparation
- Notification to agencies - Mid April
- Negotiation with partner agencies – Mid April thru early June
- Completed grant agreements executed – October 1